1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is stored in the browser on your device (computer, cell phone...).
We use the term "cookies" to refer to cookies, embeddings, trackers and similar technologies.
Cookies have several uses. They make it possible to identify you so that you can access your account, manage your shopping cart, save your browser language or so that your navigation can be followed for statistical analysis or advertising purposes.
2. What are the different types of cookies?
Cookies can be classified as follows:
- According to their expiration time:
- Session cookies, which are stored in the memory of your browser only as long as it is open. As soon as you close your browser, these cookies are deleted.
- Permanent cookies, which have a pre-defined lifetime. These cookies remain in your browser until they expire or until you manually delete them by using your browser's control features.
- By their source:
- First-party cookies, which are deposited directly by the website or mobile app operator or on its behalf by service providers.
- Third-party cookies, which are deposited by third-party companies with the consent of the website operator.
- According to their purposes:
- Functionally necessary cookies, which are strictly required for the proper functioning of the website or deposited to provide an online communication service expressly requested by you. These cookies may cover various purposes, such as recording the cookie settings you choose, authenticating to a service, storing a shopping cart, accounting for purchased products or services, customizing the user interface (e.g., language selection, presentation of a service), maintaining website security and similar functions.
- All other cookies may serve different purposes (e.g., analytics, advertising, social network sharing, and more).
3. What types of cookies are used on our website and for what purposes?
We use the following cookies on our website:
Functionally necessary cookies.
These cookies allow us to:
- ensure that the website's content management system (Drupal) works properly.
- set the navigation language which you have chosen.
- save your cookie settings and transmit your consent information to third-party companies.
- protect our website from SPAM requests on the contact form.
These cookies are managed by us and by service providers acting on our behalf.
Cookies for target group measurement.
These cookies allow us to improve both the user experience and the quality of our services by creating anonymous targeting and frequency statistics of the use of the website.
Social networks which share cookies.
These cookies allow us to display and upload a toolbar to share content on major social networks.
When you click on a social network link suggested on our website, you will be redirected directly to that social network's website. Your data will then be processed in accordance with the Privacy Settings of that network.
When you view videos on our website, cookies are set in your browser by the video provider.
On our website, we use YouTube.
4. How can you manage your cookie settings?
Functionally necessary cookies do not require your prior consent.
Please note that your choices regarding your consent or rejection of cookies are also managed by cookies stored by our Consent Management Platform, Didomi.
All other cookies require your prior consent.
These cookies will only be deposited if you explicitly accept this either globally or individually by clicking on the "consent" buttons. If you click on the "decline" buttons, on the link "continue without consent," or if you continue browsing without making a selection, these cookies will not be set.
If you have any questions about this cookie information, please contact Gewista's Data Protection Officer:
- By e-mail: email@example.com
- By mail: Data Protection Officer, Gewista Werbeges.m.b.H, Litfaßstraße 6, 1031 Vienna.
Last updated - May 11, 2021